The two key global investment issues today are:
- Achieving a regular and stable income stream in a low interest rate environment with capital security – “defensive” assets.
- Elevated risk of major market corrections in a ‘late cycle’ environment of stock market volatility impacting capital returns – “growth” assets.
Our solution is to buy equities, always protected to a defined ‘hard’ risk tolerance. The underlying asset and ‘hard’ risk tolerance is varied depending upon the need being addressed.
Risk managed investing is particularly important during high PE periods/later stage bull markets. The risk of a major correction is elevated - we are now in the longest bull market since WW2. Most large correction occurs within 8 years, we are now at year 12, with the longest on record 13 years.
- Absolute Return Income Equity Fund - combines income, returns, protection at ‘hard’ 3% quarterly
- Investment mandates - Domestic
- Investment mandates – International
- Partner for growth index fund